Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Frameworks for D.I.

After writing up the basic lesson plan for differentiated instruction, the next step is to come up with a tight framework that will guide each minute of your time in the Teacher Learning Center. This is essential. Systemizing your routine is one way to ensure you will cover everything you want to cover and make sure there is not wasted time. I have come up with frameworks to help teachers systemize their TLC. Teachers have shared with me how helpful these frameworks are and how they have become much more targeted with their instruction. Here is a sample of one of the frameworks I created for a low group in an intermediate grade level:
This is the framework for the lowest group. Notice how it addresses the phonics needs of these students as well as the FRY words. It is very difficult for a student to comprehend on-grade level material unless the phonics needs are addressed. However, because the student is in the intermediate grade, we cannot ignore the comprehension needs either. A different framework must be created for each D.I. group. I have created each of these on my TPT site. http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Differentiated-Instruction-Lesson-Planning-Template-and-Guide These have really helped our teachers at our school and the data has shown that it is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment