Monday, January 28, 2013

Magnified Moment Resources

I just updated a few of the resources I've created for Magnified Moments. The first one is the graphic organizer easy clues kids can incorporate to make their moment come to life.
Then, I updated the list of mentor texts I've used with students. They work in groups to read the text and then identify the skills the author used to make their writing memorable. Students are given the option to incorporate their favorite parts of the mentor text into their own pieces.
After, I created a cute chart for our teachers to post that have the steps of the Magnified Moment Brainstorming on it. I think if kids refer to it enough, they will eventually remember and of course use these steps when planning their own essays.
And finally, I even updated the instructional powerpoint we will use with our students. This powerpoint walks your class through each of the resources mentioned above, plus it adds a peer editing component and time for students to boost their own pieces.
If you would like the entire lesson, you can find it here: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Writing-Magnified-Moment I will be updating the mentor paragraphs we will use as the "they do" in cooperative groups for our bellringer soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment