Tuesday, February 5, 2013

-At Family Activities

This week, our Kindergarten teachers will begin using the first grade curriculum. We are planning to begin blending with the -at family. I am really looking forward to seeing our babies read their own books. I wanted our kids to begin writing on the class' anchor charts. So I put together -at family picture cards with primary lines so that students could write the word themselves. Then, teachers will glue these cards onto a class anchor chart and post it for future use.
I also wanted our kids to be able to write sentences using the -at family words as well as the FRY words they already know. So, I put some pictures together with handwriting lines.
And then, to provide a fun review for our students before their spelling test on Friday, I created -at family BINGO cards. Teachers will hold up a picture card without saying the word. Students will put a marker down on the word that matches the picture and try to win BINGO.
The entire activity pack is on my TPT site: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Primary-Reading-at-Family-Activities

No comments:

Post a Comment