Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Introducing Differentiated Instruction in Your Classroom


     Teachers have commented on numerous occasions how difficult it is to introduce centers to very young children.  The main reason is managing those students who are not working directly with the teacher.  This resource, Introducing Differentiated Instruction in Your Classroom (Grades K-2) provides the teacher with explicit and systemized instructions for teaching your students how to independently work in centers.  It answers the most important question for teachers using differentiated instruction,

How do I get all of the kids to meaningfully work without my assistance?” 


     I wrote my latest resource to help new teachers roll out D.I. in their own classrooms.  But, in using it, I've found that seasoned teachers have benefitted from the step-by-step instructions used to teach even the youngest students.  



As a coach, I've modeled the procedures for several teachers now, while they've followed along using the guide.  It has made introducing centers a piece of cake!  

Take a look at what is included in this 14-paged resource:  
·      Detailed list of materials for each center
·      A 15-day plan with explicit instructions on what to say and do when introducing each center
·      Center Rules (Ready for Posting)
·      Center-Specific Procedures (Ready for Posting)
·      Kid-Friendly Direction Cards for each center (Ready for Posting)
·      Sample Rotation Chart
·      Table Captain Labels

Here is a sample of one of the posters ready for posting:

For more information, you may email me at cookietea@aol.com and check out the preview in my Teachers Pay Teachers store:  

No comments:

Post a Comment